Services available to law students include:
- Admissions and Financial Aid
- Academic Support
- Career Development Office
- Professional Development & Alumni Relations
Admissions and Financial Aid
Marie Jivan (Admissions and Financial Aid Coordinator) can assist with inquiries related to admissions, financial aid and bursaries. Her office is located at 360B Robson Hall and she can be reached at (204) 480-1485 or email@example.com.
Lisa Fainstein (Associate Dean Academic, JD Program) and Rosa Muller (Student Advisor) are dedicated to advising our current students with their academic program. Rosa Muller’s officer is located at 300E Robson Hall and she can be reached at (204) 474-6134 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information and assistance is available regarding a variety of topics, including:
- Academic Success and Peer Tutoring
- Class awards
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Course registration and Enrolment
- Credit Checks
- Liaison with the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
- Personal and Wellness Advising
- Providing Proof of Enrollment
- Providing Rule 5-18 (1) letter for the Law Society
- Signing student loan documents
Career Development Office
The Career Development Office is dedicated to alerting students to upcoming national events as well as current employment opportunities including articling, summer, clerkship, international and volunteer positions. In addition, we offer workshops, seminars and individualized consultations where students can discuss all aspects of their career goals.
The Career Development Team is available to meet with students one-on-one to review cover letters, resumes and provide career related guidance to students.
The Career Development Office, with the support of the MLSA, offer many workshops and events throughout the year including
- Career Fair
- On-Campus Interviews (OCIs)
- Mock Interviews
- Toronto Firm Tours
- Vancouver Firm Tours
- Department of Justice Open House
- JAG Open House
- Network Etiquette
- CPLED Information Session
- Effective Cover Letters and Resumes
- Interviews that Impress
- Searching for jobs out-of-province
- Articling Recruitment Deadlines Across Canada
Please see the Career Development Office website for details about various events.
For more information on alumni relations, please visit the Alumni Page of the Robson Hall website.